Safety in Archery
- Never cross the shooting line until the whistle has been blown.
- Never run with arrows in your quiver or hand.
- When approaching the target look for arrows that have fallen short and pick them up.
- Never point at bow at another person under any circumstances.
- Always come down and replace your arrow in your quiver if a long blast of a whistle is heard. Await further instructions.
- Ensure your site is correctly set for the distance you are shooting.
- When shooting inside please remain behind the waiting line until it is your turn to shoot.
- If shooting please remain outside the shooting area.
- During field shoots, when searching for lost arrows, always place a bow in front or the target or ensure a member of your party stands in front of the target. This lets others know not to start shooting.
- Observe danger signs at all times. They are there for your protection.
Please remember these points are for your own safety and the safety of others.